Hola, amigos! I’m feeling very happy today because it turns out I have won yet another award. I can’t believe it! I haven’t had this little blog for very long, and yet I feel honestly motivated by all the love my beautiful readers have shown me. I can’t thank them enough!
Don’t forget to subscribe!
And now, my acceptance speech…
I started this blog because I had the urge to tell people about all the wonderful, fascinating things I love about my country, Mexico. A couple of months ago, I was feeling depressed because of the way the media was portraying my home. It was all the same talk about violence, drug cartels, and organized crime. I will not lie, those things do exist here, but those stories are terribly one-sided. There was never any mention of all the wonderful places and people in Mexico. I thought that did not seem fair.
Suddenly, I felt the need the tell my own side of the story. I already had a blog in Spanish, but I chose to start another blog, in English, to reach out to the rest of the world. I had to tell people all about the gifts that Mexico has given the world.
I am very happy every time someone tells me they learned something new from this blog. That is exactly my mission! I am also honored to receive this sort of recognition from my fellow bloggers. Perhaps these are little awards, but they motivate me to keep blogging. Thanks for all the love!
The Infinity Dreams Award
This time, I got nominated by Jessie at Paper Coffee Store. I only discovered her blog a few days ago but I instantly became her fan. If you haven’t yet, go read her posts and you will learn a thousand things more! Thank you very much for the nomination, Jessie.
These are the Infinity Dreams Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the question that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I am really, really, really short. I’m barely five feet tall.
- I was born in Mexico City, but I grew up in Austin, Texas. That’s why I am fluent in Spanish and English.
- When I was little, I always told people I wanted to be a writer. That’s partly the reason why I took up blogging.
- I almost majored in Architecture, but I ended up as an English teacher. Go figure!
- I’ve always been a geek or a nerd. I can tell you a thousand boring facts about any old thing. Yes, I wear glasses too.
- I had a rock band in high school. I played the guitar, my sister was the singer and we wrote songs together. Those were the days!
- My husband and I were college sweethearts. Aaww.
- After I had my third child, I quit my teaching job and decided to stay at home with her. This is my first time as a SAHM, and it’s been quite a ride!
- I lost 50 pounds after I had my baby daughter by working out at home and eating clean. Hardest. Thing. Ever.
- I work out Monday to Saturday and never miss a day. Believe it or not, I actually like doing exercise! Strong is the new sexy.
- Now, I can do 60 burpees in 5 minutes. And then I feel like dying. People, don’t try this at home!
My Answers To The Questions
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? My best friend in college. I haven’t seen her in ages, and I would love to get together and talk like back in the good old days!
- For what in life do you feel most grateful? For my family. They are the world to me.
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year? It’s hard to believe, but I had never read Jane Austen novels before. A few months ago, I read “Pride and Prejudice” for the first time and truly fell in love with it.
- What’s your favorite song at the moment? You’ll hate me for this, but I love “Happy” by Pharrell Williams. I also like “Best Day Of My Life” by American Authors. I’ve been feeling very optimistic lately!
- If you were to eat one dish until you die, what would you choose? I totally hated this question at first. It seemed so unfair. How could I choose just one dish?? Then, for no reason, I suddenly remembered my grandmother’s meatball soup. The way she made it was heaven!
- Have you ever danced in the rain? Yes. It was fun, but it wasn’t fun afterwards.
- What cheers you up? The thought of having a delicious, homecooked meal with my family. There’s nothing better than that.
- What’s your favorite word? Challenge. Our whole lives revolve around challenges- challenges we meet and challenges we turn away from. Challenges define us.
- Who is your hero? Malala Yousafzai. She is so brave and intelligent!
- If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why? Gustavo Cerati. He was an Argentine singer and songwriter, and a Latin American rock legend. He spent four years in a coma before dying. I would bring him back, wake him up from that coma and let him make up for all the years he lost.
- What animal best represents you and why? I like to think of myself as a cat. You know, because a cat is agile, sophisticated, and mysterious. But my husband says I remind him more of a toy poodle. You know, because it’s such a tiny little thing. Don’t laugh.
Nominees For The Infinity Dreams Award
And finally, my nominees for the Infinity Dreams Award are…..drum roll, please!
- My Desert Love by Vi Dotter
- Booklexia by Alexia P. Bullard
- Ordinary Adventures by Brey
- Musings by Megha
- Living the Dream by Antonio Vereen
- Brain Sponge Blog by Dermot Barry
- Arv Travels by Arvin Kohli
- Ask Deniza by Deniz A.
- Healthy In All Hues by LP Mendoza
- Much Bites by Wesley
- Love a Healthier You by Leonora
Congratulations to all my nominees! I want you to know that, even though I don’t always comment, I love to read your posts. You are all excellent bloggers, and I hope you never stop writing with passion. If you decide to accept this award, you must post 11 facts about yourself and your answers to these questions.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- How do you find inspiration for your posts?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
- How do you find the motivation to keep blogging?
- Could you share one blogging tip that you’ve found useful?
- What is one thing about blogging that you still don’t get?
- Do you prefer a keyboard or a pen and paper?
- What is your favorite motto or quote?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What is a goal you hope to accomplish this year?
Last, but not least, keep writing!