How are you, amigos? Let me tell you I am feeling fabulous because I have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of an award. Again. Sorry, I meant to say two awards. Yes! I’m not kidding you!- The Sunshine Award and the Brotherhood of the World Award. I really have to get me some more tequila!
Don’t forget to subscribe. I have three awards already!
I like to think that even though this tiny little blog has not been around for too long, it has already touched one or two readers enough to get me nominated for something. That is an amazing thought! Or maybe they just felt sorry for my itty bitty blog. I don’t know. I’ll take it anyway!
This post is therefore dedicated to accepting these two awards, and passing on the torch to a group of even more amazing bloggers. This is what I really think is wonderful about this whole thing- shining the light on other small blogs and their authors. There are just too many amazing bloggers out there!
The rules for both awards
- Thank the bloggers who nominated you and link back to them.
- List the rules and display the badges on your blog.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate other bloggers and notify them.
- Come up with questions for them to answer.
My Answers to the Questions for the Sunshine Award
- Who is your favorite author? Definitely Gabriel Garcia Marquez. If you have not read “100 Years of Solitude”, you are missing out on something big.
- What are your hobbies? Working out is my hobby. In fact, I share my fitness journey on my Spanish-language blog. I love doing HIIT workouts, circuit training, dumbbells, yoga. Strong is the new sexy!
- What is one thing that always makes you smile? Thinking about my kids- their smile, the things they do, the things they say, their mischief. They’re my happy thoughts.
- Are you an Android or an Iphone person? I am neither. You might be surprised to know I don’t have a smart phone, only a stupid phone. It’s good for making calls and sending texts, and that’s it. What else do I need?
- Do you have any phobias? No, I can’t say that I do. Heights? Love them. Spiders and bugs? Not a problem. Dogs? My husband is a dog trainer, so imagine that! The zombie apocalypse? I’m ready for that! That’s why I work out.
- How did you get into blogging? I always wanted to be a writer. I was always writing short stories, but I never got around to having them published or anything. Everyone always told me I should write something, so one day I had an “a-ha!” moment and realized I could write a blog. The hard part was actually doing it. That took a lot of courage!
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I am definitely an introvert. I am the quiet, reserved type, but I am Mexican, so perhaps I am not that quiet. Maybe I would be considered an extrovert in another country.
- Do you sing along to the radio even if other people are around? Of course! If they love me, they have to put up with my singing! And I’m not that bad. In fact, I’m thinking about trying out for The Voice. Not.
- What is your favorite season and why? The fall. I love the fall! The weather is just perfect, not too hot and not too cold. And there lots of fun celebrations in Mexico during the fall. It’s such a cozy season!
- Do you have a goal for this year? My goal for this year was to start my blog, and last February I started my Spanish-language blog. What I had not planned on was starting another one, but a few weeks ago I started this one! Amazing, right?
- What would you change about yourself if you could? Nothing! I’m perfect! Well, maybe I would fix my eyes so I wouldn’t have to wear glasses or contacts. Yes, I know you can get laser surgery, but just the thought of it freaks me out. Wait a second. I just realized I do have one phobia!
My nominees for the Sunshine Blog Award
These are people I honestly think are awesome. I read their blogs and love their posts.
Nominees, keep reading to find out the questions you will have to answer!
Questions for the Brotherhood of the World Award
- Who are your favorite authors? Like I said, I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I also love Jane Austen, JRR Tolkien, and I am addicted to reading Michael Crichton books. That’s a guilty pleasure of mine.
- What are your favorite things to do and places to go in your city? I like to do what anybody else would like- going out to eat, going to the movies, shopping. But there are a couple of special places I do love- one is a hill outside of town which bears the ancient remains of an aztec palace. The other one is an old hacienda which is also very interesting to see. I promise to write a post about them both!
- Share a funny story: I don’t know if this is funny, but when my husband and I met, we were both in college and always took the same bus ride home. He had seen me before and one day he finally worked up the courage to talk to me, or so he thought. It was a long bus ride, so he sat down next to me and proceeded to say nothing for the next 90 minutes. When we finally got to talking, it was almost time for me to get off the bus! Fortunately, we became friends after that.
- What is your favorite word? Challenge. Reto in Spanish. I always love a good challenge!
- How do you organize your blogging schedule? I have a blogging calendar pasted on the wall in front of my computer. I set aside days to prepare posts, including pictures, and days to publish and promote them. I specify the hours that I spend engaging on social media. It’s a little hectic right now, but I respect my schedule. Discipline is very important to me!
- What are your biggest dreams? Right now, I would like to grow my blog, but that’s more of a goal. My biggest dream is to one day sit down at the table with my kids, their spouses, my grandkids, and my husband. That’s when I’ll know my whole life is complete.
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? My mission is to show another side of Mexico that people do not normally get to see, a side that is different from what the media presents. News about Mexico are always about crime, violence, and drugs, but that’s not all that goes on here. I hope people can see a different side of my country through my blog.
- What was your original idea for your blog? Has it changed or have you stuck by it? So far, it’s still my original idea, which was to write about the lifestyle, customs, and traditions here, but I’ve also decided to include more about food. Everyone seems to love Mexican food! Not that I blame them.
- What are you most passionate about? There’s two things that are the foundations of my life- my family and my country. Everything I do is for one or the other.
- If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and which 5 items would you pack in your suitcase? I would definitely love to go to Italy, and see Rome, Florence, and Venice. I studied art in college, so I would just love to see all my favorite works of art. I would pack my favorite jeans, my walking shoes, my favorite shirt, my sunglasses, and my digital camera. I’m ready!
Brotherhood of the World Award Nominees
These are all amazing people whom I admire for having the courage to make an adventure out of their lives, and I also love reading their posts.
Questions for all nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- How do you find inspiration for your posts?
- What you like most about blogging?
- What is your biggest challenge as a blogger?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- What would the perfect day be like for you?
- What is number one on your bucket list?
- What is a motto or quote you live by?
- What will you do when your blog makes it big?
Congratulations to all you nominees. You are all amazing and brave people for putting your words out there. I hope you will all accept this award and I am looking forward to all your new posts. Keep up the good work!