Hola, my dear amigos! I have been nominated yet again for another Liebster award. I still get surprised when somebody decides to nominate my blog out of the blue, and I’m happy to give back a little love to the wonderful blogging community. Let’s see who the nominees are this time!
Make sure you subscribe to this wonderful blog!
It’s always a pleasant surprise when another blogger nominates me for an award. My sincerest thanks to Stefan at Tao of Stefan for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award.
I must tell you that even though I have another blog, this little blog, My Heart Of Mexico, is probably the one that is closest to my heart. And I really mean it when I say “little”, because this blog doesn’t have as many followers as my other blog. Not by a long shot!
But you know, the number of followers on this blog isn’t all that important to me. I write in it because I love it. Every single post comes from the heart, and every time I write I do it with love. So even though I have only a few followers here, it makes me happy to know they genuinely love my blog.
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions.
- Nominate 5 other blogs and ask them a new set of questions.
- List these rules on your post.
- Notify your nominees and link back to them.
So here’s the badge and the questions.
Stefan’s Liebster Award Questions For Me
- Why did you start blogging? I started this blog because I want people around the world to know more about my native country, Mexico. Some people have probably heard about it, maybe about beautiful beaches, or maybe about violent crime, but there are a million other things going in Mexico aren’t a cool beach or a crime. I want people to know that.
- What drives or inspires you to write? Anything I see going on around me. Whenever something, anything catches my eye, I think I could write about it. You see, for me it might be ordinary, but I bet it’s interesting to anyone who’s not Mexican. From that perspective, there’s a million inspiring things in Mexico!
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why? I would like to have one more dinner with my sister. She passed away a few months ago after a tough battle with leukemia. The last time she felt happy was at a family dinner a month before she died. I wish we could sit at the table together again.
- What is your favourite dish? Wow, I don’t know. I have a lot! There’s just so many delicious dishes in Mexican cuisine. But lately, I’ve been dreaming of Chiles En Nogada. Those are stuffed poblanos with….you know what? I’ll just write a post about them!
- When you suffer from writer’s block what do you do to work it out? I don’t write, I just do something else with my time. I like to go out, go to the local mercado, look around, buy some fresh ingredients, cook something nice with my mom. Or I just read a book, listen to music, sing, do exercise, play with my kids, watch a good movie. Anything but writing! This clears up my mind and my spirit, and then I can write again.
- If you could have a superpower what would it be? Actually, I already have a superpower. I sometimes have prophetic dreams. It’s true! Sometimes, I dream about things that haven’t happened yet, and later I find out that’s what came to pass. The only flaw in this is that those dreams never involve me personally.
- What are you struggling with as a blogger? Getting back to writing. I recently went through some troubling times, and this made me lose my rhythm and my inspiration. I’ve been writing again, but not as frequently as I used to. It’s a struggle. I have lots of ideas, it’s just hard for me to write. Writing is the only cure for this, I guess.
- Have you learned anything from blogging? If so, what? Yes, I’ve learned all kinds of new skills, from social media management, to basic design, to a little bit of SEO, and how to use WordPress. I’ve also re-learned to look at things closely, to see all the details, so I can write about it.
- What do you value most in life? My family- my husband, my kids, my parents, and my sister. They’re the world to me.
- How are you going to remember your life at the moment in a few years’ time? I want to remember how wonderful it was to see my kids growing up, and how I spent my time with them. Later, when they are grown and have lives of their own, I want to remember this moment in my life with fondness. I’ll probably feel nostalgic too.
My Nominees For The Liebster Award
Lately, I’ve been loving all these blogs. They’re all about food, traveling, and foreign culture. Sounds great, right?
- Letters From Athens by M.L. Kappa- A blog about life and times in Greece
- Costa Mayahual– fun and interesting tidbits about life in Mexico
- Pleasant Peasant Cuisine by Greg- doable, adventurous cooking
- My Spanglish Familia by Spanglish Jill- hilarious take on life from a bipolar Canadian Mexican mom.
- Arzo Travels by Arzo– amazing pictures, travel tips, and recipes from around the world.
Questions For My Nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- How do you come up with ideas for your posts?
- What is the most enjoyable part of blogging?
- What is the most difficult part of blogging?
- How important are stats and followers for you?
- How do you deal with negative comments on your blog?
- Which is your most popular post?
- Are there any bloggers that you admire?
- Any advice for newbie bloggers?
I hope you accept this award, and pass on the love to other bloggers. That’s what this award is all about. The blogging community is truly wonderful, there aren’t enough kind words to describe all of you.
Thanks again for nominating me, Stefan! And don’t forget to check out my nominees’ blogs, people!
Do you have any other questions for me? Would you like to share your thoughts? Comment, comment, comment!
Stock photos by Ivorymix